BCFN YES! (Young Earth Solutions) is an international competition for young researchers from all over the world.
Research Grant Competition invites young PhD and postdoc researchers from any background and nationality to submit a research project to improve the sustainability of the food system.
The award is a 20.000 € research grant applied to a one-year investigation.
Research Grant Competition is designed for individual or multidisciplinary and cross-national research teams of a maximum of three components. The Competition encourages the participation of teams from different disciplines and countries who wish to combine their expertise in innovative approaches.
COMPLETED OR ONGOING PHD, ENROLLED AFTER 1ST JANUARY 2011 (INCLUSIVE), MAX 35 YEARS OLD ON THE 31ST DECEMBER 2017.
Completed proposals must be submitted online through the BCFN web site by June 28, 2017 11:59 p.m. CET.
The objective of the research proposal is to make more sustainable one or more themes of the agri-food system, in terms of environmental, social, health and/o economic aspects.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Sustainable and healthy diets;
- Urban food systems and policies;
- Resilient agriculture, land use change and agro-ecology;
- The nexus between climate change, energy and food;
- Sustainable water management;
- Food supply chains;
- Ecosystems and ecosystem services;
- Healthy lifestyles;
- Food waste reduction;
- Food policy development;
- Food security: availability, access, utilization, stability;
- Communication technologies and networks;
- Youth and women’s involvement in agriculture.
For more details visit web site https://www.barillacfn.com/en/bcfnyes2017/