Students of Bachelor's and follow-up Master's programmes at the Faculty of Tropical AgriSciences are prepared for professional activity directly in developing countries or in international and national institutions that are dealing with international development.
The graduates of biologically-oriented study programmes will utilize their acquired knowledge in activities related to plant and livestock production, the food industry, services, consulting, training, inspection activities, etc. whereas the graduates of technically-oriented study programmes often find suitable occupation/positions in the fields of agricultural production, manufacturing, technical services, counselling and education. In comparison, graduates of economically-oriented study programmes are employed more in the management of agriculture, the development and evaluation of rural development policy, agricultural businesses, trade in tropical commodities, or even in the design, implementation and evaluation of development projects focused on rural development and agriculture.
Graduates of the Bachelor's degree studies often utilize their acquired knowledge in practically-oriented activities or development projects, while graduates of Master's and Doctoral studies are employed more in management, research, education and advisory services /consulting.
Examples of our graduates
- Specialist advisors/ Expert advisors in Czech governmental institutions (e.g. The Ministry of Agriculture, The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, The Czech Development Agency) or larger non-governmental organizations dealing with issues of developing countries and international cooperation.
- In Czech and international organizations implementing development projects within the expanding programme of Czech development aid and collaboration in positions such as coordinators and specialists in the field of agriculture and rural development.
- In Czech and international organizations implementing development projects funded by other international organizations - the EU, WBG, FAO, UNDP and others - in positions such as coordinators and specialists in the field of agriculture and rural development.
- In private companies focused on the import/export of tropical products and services in developing countries.
- In private companies engaged in primary agricultural production on farms in tropical regions.
- In state institutions engaged in the reation and evaluation of agricultural policy directly in developing countries.
- In national and international research centres focused on innovation in the cultivation of tropical crops and livestock.