Terms of admission procedure
1st Stage of the Admission Procedure:
- Applications opened from 9th January 2023;
- Applications received till 14th February 2023;
- Entrance examination will be held on 14th March 2023 for ATS and TABM programmes
- Entrance examination will be held on 15th March 2023 for SRD programme
2nd Stage of the Admission Procedure:
- Applications opened from 10th April 2023;
- Applications received till 16th May 2023;
- Entrance examination will be held on 13th June 2023
3rd Stage of the Admission Procedure:
- Applications opened from 12th July 2023;
- Applications received till 15th August 2023;
- Entrance examination will be held on 12th September 2023
Stage 3 may be cancelled if capacity is reached on the previous dates.
Maximum number of admitted students
Tropical Agrobiology and Bioresource Management: full-time form: 15, part-time form: 5
Agriculture in Tropics and Subtropics: full-time form: 10, part-time form: 10
Sustainable Rural Development: full-time form: 15, part-time form: 5
Submission of applications for admission procedure
Applications must be submitted via internet application at: http://is.czu.cz/prihlaska/
Deadline to submit the application is 14th February 2023 (16th May 2023, 15th August 2023). Apart from the completed electronic application including all required data, it is necessary to pay administration fee of 750 CZK (by credit card, bank transfer or in person at the Study and Information Centre (SIC), CZU Prague.
Payment must include the following information:
Account number: 500022222/0800
Account name: Czech University of Life Sciences Prague
Account owner address: Kamýcká 129, 165 00 Prague 6-Suchdol, Czech Republic, EU Bank address: Česká spořitelna a.s., Budějovická 1518/13b, Prague 4 - 14000, Czech Republic
IBAN (current account): CZ38 0800 0000 0005 0002 2222
Variable symbol: 5175000123
Specific symbol: number of the application
Post: Prague 6-Suchdol
In the case of submission of multiple applications, the fee is paid separately for each application (specific symbols vary) it means that it is not possible to pay more applications by one payment. The fee is non-refundable at any stage of the admissions process.
Candidates will select the training department and the general topic of their dissertation work from the list of supervisors of the respective programme. General overview of updated dissertation proposals can be found on the faculty website http://www.ftz.czu.cz in the section Science and Research https://www.ftz.czu.cz/en/r-9421-science-research. Prior to submitting an application, it is supposed to consult dissertation topic with supervisor who offers the given topic.
The condition for successful receipt of the application form is filling in all the data of the electronic application, the selection of dissertation topic and inserting CV and certificate of university graduation.
All applicants will be informed about time of the admission procedure by e-mail.
Course of entrance exams
During the admission procedure, each applicant is required to show:
- Identification card (in case of foreign students passport)
- Diploma (Proof of completion of university education)
- Diploma Supplement (Overview of the examinations in the Master's degree level)
The entrance exam takes place in front of a board whose members are appointed by the Dean of the faculty at Doctoral Degree Board of the relevant programme of study.
Contents of entrance examination:
Professional discussion, during which applicants must demonstrate professional skills to study in appropriate area of science and as well as prerequisites for independent scientific work. It is assumed that the applicant applies for a particular topic, that he/she is in contact with a potential supervisor, has at least a rough idea of how to grasp the topic methodically, how the research will be financed and how the results could be used in practice and enrich the knowledge of the discipline. Moreover, the motivation and ability of the candidate to deal with the topic will be assessed. The language of the admissions interview is English.
If applicant cannot come in person for admission procedure due to a long stay abroad, they can do the examination through video conference. The candidate is in this case responsible for a sufficient transmission quality and the quality of used equipment.
Decisions on acceptance
Are carried out by the Dean based on the entrance examination result and statement of the head of the relevant Examination committee. The minimum score for admission to the DSP is 9 from a total of 15 points.
- Suitability of the applicant's previous field of study in relation to the chosen doctoral field of study and the results achieved by the applicant (5 points);
- Previous involvement in research activities and scientific achievements, e.g. participation in research projects, scientific publications etc. (5 points);
- Level of knowledge and understanding of the objectives of the dissertation topic for which the candidate is applying – research proposal (5 points)
The applicants will receive the information about the result of the procedure electronically no later than 15 days after the admission procedure interview.
In addition to passing the admission procedure, the crucial requirement for admission to the doctoral study programme is the proper completion of studies in the master's study programme. Applicants who have completed their master's studies outside the Czech Republic must provide evidence of Nostrification of the degree or Recognition of foreign higher education and qualifications in the Czech Republic, no later than on the day of enrolment in doctoral studies.