Are you pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in a field related to agriculture? Do you want to tell us about your agricultural experience so far? Do you wish to share your agricultural perspectives and perceptions with others? YPARD, in collaboration with the AgriSciences platform and AGRINATURA, welcomes you to participate in our research essay e-competition!
We are now accepting blogs for the SHARE YOUR STORY COMPETITION, 2021. The winning blogs will be awarded fantastic prizes! Participants should use storytelling to effectively communicate their idea/story and experience in agriculture in a one-page blog. Entries must be submitted by December 19th, 2021. Participants may select from any of the topics listed below, as well as any other agriculture-related topics.
- Food security
- Youth in agriculture
- Precision agriculture
- Food production and access
- Crop production
- Rural development
- Loss harvest and food waste
How to apply
- Competition is open to all bachelor's and master's students at any university in Europe.
- The entry should be sent in PDF format as an essay written in a storytelling style.
- At the top of the page, you must include a title, your name, your email address, and your entry category (BSc or MSc.).
- In addition to the PDF, at least one high-quality picture or graphical abstract should be sent in JPEG format with a resolution of at least 300dpi.
- The Story should include a headline, introduction, body, and conclusion/final message/thought/expected impact of your agricultural research or journey.
- The contribution (PDF including an image or graphical abstract) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org , with a copy to and email@example.com as a cc. Please include the term E-Competition in the subject line of your email.
- Send your submission (in PDF format, with an image or graphical abstract) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to email@example.com as a cc. In the subject line of your email, please write E-Competition.
- Note that incomplete stories and those that do not adhere to the submission guidelines will not be accepted.
- By December 25th, 2021, the winners of each category will be announced on the YPARD, AGRINATURA, and AgriSciences platform website and prizes will be received by December 31st,2021.
The competition is divided into two categories: BSc and MSc. The top three stories in each category will be picked and awarded cash prizes and certificates.
- Cash prizes
1st Prize 200 euros
2nd Prize 150 euros
3rd Prize 100 euros
- A certificate from YPARD, AGRINATURA, and AgriSciences platform for outstanding writing skills.
- A feature on the YPARD, AGRINATURA, and AgriSciences platform website
- A feature on the YPARD Europe and AGRINATURA newsletter
- Global exposure on the YPARD, AGRINATURA, and AgriSciences platform social media channels reaching an online community of over 30,000 members (teachers, researchers, and the broader scientific community)