Members of our faculty participated in World Congress on Agroforestry 2019, which was held in Montpellier, France from 19th to 22th May 2019.
The overall objective of the Congress is to contribute to the progress of agroforestry science and practice in order to bridge the science-policy gap.
More than 1000 delegates and leading keynote speakers from all over the world participated in the event.
- agroforestry and climate change
- agroforestry, food security and nutrition
- adoption of agroforestry
- agroforestry policies
- special attention will be paid to vulnerable countries and populations.
Our faculty was represented by five people, namely:
- Bohdan Lojka (as a chairman of section "Agroforestry in practice")
- Anna Maňourová ("Diversity towards domestication: example of bitter kola (Garcinia kola) in Cameroon")
- Marie Kalousová ("Genetic diversity of Cedrela odorata in an agricultural matrix of the Nicaragua Honduras Sentinel Landscape and its implications for forestry restoration")
- Patrick Choungo ("Plant diversity, Ecological Services and Carbon Stocks in Cocoa Agroforestry lands with Tetracarpidium conophorum (Müll. Arg.) Hutch. & Dalz. in the Mbam and Inoubou, Cameroon")
- Anna Chládová (Re-introducing agroforestry in the Czech agriculture through a cooperative project)
More information can be found HERE.