Through the Faculty of Tropical AgriSciences (FTA) of Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (CZU), the joint secretariat of the Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD) and the Global Forum for Rural Advisory Services (GFRAS) in Switzerland is seeking a dynamic, independent and innovative young professional for the position of the YPARD Global Network Engagement Coordinator (full-time position).
The Network Engagement Coordinator is responsible for ensuring and monitoring the active engagement of the YPARD community. The incumbent‘s work is partly framed by the communications strategies developed with the communications team and it entails the design and implementation of online and onsite innovative, collaborative and vibrant activities. The incumbent reports to the YPARD Director and works closely with the Communications Coordinator and the Digital Communication Officer. The incumbent will be based in FTA/CZU, Prague, Czech Republic, which hosts the YPARD Europe office.
Network engagement and management
- Develop and implement strategies to encourage greater online participation, to maintain and grow the number of active members in the network and the quality of their messages and engagement.
- Develop innovative, web-based events for YPARD members, using a range of multimedia, and support regional coordinators and national representatives to implement regional and national online events
- Support the development of YPARD as a hub for youth and agriculture organizations through linkages and collaborations with other organizations
- Engage in and social report key online and onsite conferences, by being the voice of the YPARD Community: sharing and advocating for their needs, challenges, stories and solutions
- Support in organizing workshops/meetings including the YPARD and GFRAS Annual Meetings
YPARD Teams engagement, capacity development and knowledge management
- Coordinate day to day internal communications within the YPARD Team (current Dgroup), updating contents, maintaining platforms and delegating responsibilities for discussions
- Capture learnings from various YPARD projects/activities around the Globe and develop guidelines and toolkits for the Community
- Develop guidelines on how to support national chapters in running their own fundraising campaigns
- Coordinate the YPARD showcase room through sourcing, obtaining stories and information from regional representatives and members, and information bulletins
- Develop the monthly e-newsletter by obtaining stories and information from regional representatives and members
Support for Communications and Website Management
- Support the communications coordinator in keeping the multi-lingual website up-to-date and developing and implementing the website revamp plan
- Ensure a vibrant day to day engagement of the network through a world-class interactive and dynamic website
- Create linkages with communications teams of key organizations (identified jointly with the Communications Officer and Director) for more dynamic and greater reach of online content that will increase the visibility of the network
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Review existing processes and develop new guidelines and processes for capturing impacts of involvement in YPARD activities better
- Provide support for regional reporting and communications including collating M&E reports for all YPARD - Europe, Africa, Asia, LAC and global
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation for network growth and engagement activities
- Collect and report on indicators for reporting requirements to donors
- Design and implement the annual members survey and feedback loop, with advice from the Director
- Develop the YPARD annual report with input from the whole YPARD Team
Candidates will be assessed against the following minimum requirements:
- The applicant is expected to be a member of YPARD and along with YPARD’s youth-led mission should be under 40 years of age. Candidates above 35 years at the time of application are not eligible to apply
- University degree in social sciences, agriculture, communications, international development or related field
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in network engagement, management and monitoring, preferably with development-related organizations or non-profit organizations
- Demonstrated motivation and passion for YPARD vision, mission, and principles
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate content contributions within a multi-cultural team and/ or across teams; ability to build strong working relations with counterparts
- Proven sound thematic expertise on youth engagement in sustainable food systems
- Experience with developing models and innovative ways for youth engagement including mobilizing volunteers and designing youth programs
- Work experience in more than one region of the world is essential
- Proficiency in modern communication and management software
- Excellent written and oral communication in English (proven ability to write articles and reports). Knowledge of other languages such as French, Spanish or other relevant languages would be a distinct advantage
- Flexibility and capacity to travel worldwide
Terms and conditions:
- Application is open to all eligible candidates regardless of background. Under-represented groups including young women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- The first appointment will be for a period of 1 year with the possibility of extension. YPARD-GFRAS will be operating with the frame of a 5-year operational plan. As such, contingent upon performance, the appointment may be renewed annually for the next 5 years.
- The successful candidate must have (or be eligible to obtain) a work permit in the Czech Republic.
- Expected starting date is February 1st, 2021
Applicants should send an up-to-date CV and a one-page letter of motivation, in a single pdf file by email to Mrs. Marie Horáková, firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 31st 2020, at 17:00 CET. Please indicate in the subject of the email the title “Application for the post of YPARD_ NEC”.
All applications will be acknowledged but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.