International Cooperation in Agriculture and Rural Development (ICARD) is a three-year Bachelor programme tought in English language. The programme is designed as the first level of university education of future experts in international technical assistance projects in rural development and agriculture. It has been created in accordance with the needs of agricultural development, environmental protection and at the same time the need to tackle poverty and ensure food security in developing countries. In order to teach students how to prepare, manage and evaluate development projects, the study programme includes:
- Extensive knowledge and skills of graduates in the field of project management, international communication and human resources management in a multicultural environment
- A basic knowledge of biological disciplines as applied to agricultural production
- Mandatory practical training in non-profit organizations, government institutions or private companies dealing with international development and investment projects in developing countries.
The studies are completed with the defence of a Bachelor's thesis and the bachelor's final state examination. Graduates are conferred with the title of "Bachelor" (B.Sc.). Bachelor's study programmes may be followed up by our Master's study programmes.
- Admission interview from: Global Geography + English (you can find more information about admission procedure HERE)
- Form of study: full-time
- Tuition: 8,000,- CZK/year (aprox. 310 EUR)
- Indicative study plan for the ICARD can be found HERE.
- The study plan for the ICARD study programme can be found in the university information system (UIS) HERE.