|Target Country:||Republic of Mali|
|Project Coordinator:||Richard Sovják|
|Project Team:||Hedvika Gabrielová, Tereza Vondrová|
|Donor:||Ministry of Agriculture of the CR|
|Duration of the Project:||2001 - 2005|
Aim of the Project:
The main objectives of this project were to assist Mali to reach economic self-sufficiency by using the potential of local breeds of goats and sheep and to introduce new methods of the processing of meat and milk products in order to reduce the expenses of importing these commodities.
Outputs of the Project:
- Performance of chemical and microbiological examinations used for checking meat and milk quality and composition.
- Construction of chemical and microbiological laboratories.
- Equipment of laboratories.
- Training of specialists.
- Increasing of meat and milk production of small ruminants.
- Assesment of true milk and meat production of local sheep and goat breeds.
- Contruction of stables and pens.
- Cross-breeding of Sahel goat.
- Processing of animal products.
- Evaluation of traditional methods in animal protein processing.
- Introduction of small-scale technologies for meat and milk processing.
Contact: Richard Sovjak, firstname.lastname@example.org