|Target Country:||Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia|
|Project Coordinator:||Kristina Rusarova|
|Project Team:||Hidare Diriba Debar, Jana Mazancova, Sandra Najmanová, Veronika Jelínková, Lenka Pešková, Štěpán Marek, Jiří Hejkrlík|
|Partner(s) of the Project:||SNNPR Bureau of Finance and Economic Development, SNNPR Bureau of Agricultural and Rural Development, Hawassa University, Woreda Agricultural and Rural Development Office|
|Donor:||Official Development Assistance of the Czech Republic|
|Duration of the Project:||2011 - 2013|
Aim of the Project:
To improve the efficiency of farmer training centers (FTC) and to provide agricultural extension services for local farmers for enhancement of agricultural practices in Angacha woreda.
Outputs of the Project:
- Elaborated analysis of quality and extent of extension services in Kembata Tembaro zone.
- Improved competences of development agents and farmers in Woreda Angacha (80 development agents trained, 100 farmers trained) in following topics: watershed management, water resources management, agricultural products storage and processing, animal breeding (especially goats and sheep) and beekeeping.
- Five FTCs supported with demonstration plots establishment and distribution of agricultural tools, seeds, training room equipment and material relevant to training topics (beehives, water ponds, etc.).
- Two demonstration breeding (hybridization of local and improved goat and sheep breeds) established.
- One Processing centre of agricultural products established (hammer mill, trashing machines, solar dryer, oil pressing machine, enset pressures).
- Three residences for development agents constructed.
Contact: Kristina Rusarova, email@example.com