The Faculty of Tropical AgriSciences is a unique institution in central Europe dealing with rural development in the tropics and subtropics. We offer the following professional services to companies, organizations and individuals:
- Joint research (TA CR – The Technology Agency of the Czech Republic, GA CR – The Czech Science Foundation) and development projects (ODA CR, EuropAid, USAID)
- Expert studies
- Laboratory services.
Offer of expert services by specialization:
- Crop Production and Agroforestry in the Tropics
The utilization for cultivation and ecology of tropical crops; Tropical Ecological Systems; Modern Methods of Plant Biotechnology; Ethnobotanics; Chemo-ecology.
- Animal Science and Wildlife Management
The improvement of the breed performance of domestic animals, the nutrition and dietetics of animals; Zoohygiene, disease prevention and animal welfare; Breeding, protection and the utilization of native species in the tropics; the Farm breeding of antelopes and lamas.
- International Trade and Economic Rural Development
International Trade; the Marketing of Tropical Products; Agrarian Politics; Farm Management; Microfinance; Economic and Technological Aspects of Food Security.
- Sustainable Technologies in the Tropics
Energy production; Food Processing and Storage; Solid Bio-fuel Production; the Adoption by Small-scale Farmers of Technology; Extension Services.