|Target Country:||Republic of Moldova|
|Project Coordinator:||Bohumil Havrland|
|Project Team:||Alexander Kandakov, Tatiana Ivanova|
|Partners:||National Agency for Rural Development ACSA, Chisinau|
|Donor:||Czech Development Agency|
|Duration of the Project:||2011 - 2013|
Aim of the Project:
The project professionally promotes vegetable and fruit growing at six selected farmers groups (two farmer groups in each district), which are the project direct target groups. The cooperating vegetable and fruit growers are trained in progressive growing technologies - strategic plans of commercial growing are set up for them. They are supported with deliveries of horticulture mini-machinery, greenhouses, irrigation equipment and other agricultural inputs. Adaptation of the Marketing Information System (MIS) and its modification to cope with needs of vegetable and fruit growers has also been envisaged. The conferences are also held to attract the final target groups (small- and medium scale farmers, traders, and administrations in Moldovan Republic) to the project.
Outputs of the Project:
- Identified requirements of small – and medium-scale farmers and established cooperative groups of fruits and vegetable growers in selected districts displaced in all main Moldovan regions.
- Strengthened capacities for increasing vegetable and fruit growers at cooperative groups of small- and medium scale growers of vegetable and fruits and other interested entities.
- Provided material support for increasing production of vegetable and fruits cooperative groups of small- and medium scale growers.
- Strengthened capacities for improving marketing and commercialization of products and dissemination of project results at cooperative groups of small- and medium scale growers of vegetable and fruits and other interested entities.
- Processed analyses, strategies and business plans for cooperative groups of small- and medium scale growers of vegetable and fruits and other interested entities.
- Further developed Marketing Information System (MIS) pro farmers, traders and input suppliers as focused on vegetable and fruits.