The new building of the Faculty of Tropical AgriSciences was built in 2020 and is thus among the most modern and best-equipped buildings at the university.
The scientific and research activities of our students take place in seven laboratories:
- The Laboratory of Ethnobotany and Ethnopharmacology, specially equipped for basic chemical and biochemical analysis in the field of organic chemistry and biology. The laboratory equipment is suitable for basic experimental work in the analysis of biologically active substances.
- The Laboratory of Plant Tissue Cultures, specially equipped for work with in vitro cultures.
- The Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, which specializes in the detection of population structure, the monitoring of hybridization and the phylogenetic analysis of selected species.
- The Laboratory of Biofuels, which focuses on the production and measurement of the physical and mechanical properties of solid biofuels.
- The Laboratory of Environmental Technologies focuses on the monitoring of harmful gases in agriculture.
- The Laboratory of Technology and Food Processing, which specializes in the study of technological procedures in food processing with a focus on their applicability in tropical regions of the developing world.
- The Laboratory of Biological Materials Analyses.
The FTA further has its own Botanical Garden, which focuses on the cultivation of tropical and subtropical crops in tropical and subtropical glasshouses. The Botanical Garden also contains two experimental greenhouses for plant collections and their multiplication.
Sign Up to the Faculty of Tropical AgriSciences! We offer following study programmes:
Bachelor´s Degree Programmes:
- Tropické zemědělství (in Czech)
- International Cooperation in Agriculture and Rural Development (in English)
Master´s Degree Programmes (all programmes in English):
- International Development and Agricultural Economics
- Agri-food Systems and Rural Development
- Tropical Crop Management and Ecology
- Tropical Forestry and Agroforestry
- WILDLIFE and LIVESTOCK production, MANAGEMENT and conservation
- Tropical Farming Systems
Applications to the FTA can be submitted only electronically on is.czu.cz/prihlaska from November to March.
You can find all the necessary information HERE.