|Target Country:||Republic of Angola|
|Project Coordinator:||Bohumil Havrland|
|Project Team:||Petr Holeček, Petra Holíková, Michael Špička, Santos Victor Ferreira, Jiří Hejkrlík, Jana Mazancová, Mirka Jopková|
|Partner(s) of the Projects:||Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Agola, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Angola, Government of the Bié Province|
|Donor:||Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport of the CR|
|Duration of the Project:||2003 - 2005|
Aim of the Project:
To establish agricultural education and develop training and extension services for local farmers in the central province of Angola. The Bié province is one of the provinces most affected by four-decades-long Angolan civil war, which terminated in 2002.
After the final examination the graduates will be the first technical experts educated in the province which, until the establishment of the Center, has lacked any secondary agricultural education.
Therefore, the establishment of the Center aims to contribute to the improvement of the Angolan education system and to the resolution of socio-demographic problems, i.e. depopulation and the consequent decline of this region whose natural predispositions for agricultural production are unique.
Outputs of the Project:
- Classes for local students, for first hunderd students opened in March 2004
- Preparation and publication of study materials and textbooks for Czech and Angolan teachers
- Organization and publication of the school journal with students‘ participation
- Establishment of chemical laboratory, computer classroom and school library
- Practical training of students on the adjacent grounds
- Construction of poultry house for the establishment of poultry breed
- Organization of seminars and practical training in poultry production for students and local farmers
- Fishery production research in the province, including collection and preservation of fish symplex¨.
Contact: Bohumil Havrland, email@example.com