The FTA intensively conducts basic and applied research, which covers the entire area of tropical agriculture and international development. Research activities also pay attention to the problems of rural life, the environment and sustainable development, including the socio-economic status of agriculture in the environment of developing countries. Not only are the most advanced information technologies preferred in both research and teaching, exact quantitative tools are applied to support decision-making. The results of any piece of scientific research retrospectively affect the quality of education and contribute to the further improvement of the worker's qualification/ skills.
The Faculty has its own well-equipped laboratories:
- Laboratory of Ethnobotany and Ethnopharmacology
- Laboratory of Plant Tissue Cultures
- Laboratory of Molecular Genetics
- Laboratory of Biofuels
- Laboratory of Environmental Technologies
- Laboratory of Food Processing Technologies
- Laboratory for Biological Materials Analysis
When solving challenging scientific tasks, the Faculty collaborates with research institutes and other facilities in the Czech Republic, Europe and in the world.
Sign Up to the Faculty of Tropical AgriSciences! We offer following study programmes:
Bachelor´s Degree Programmes:
- Agriculture in Tropics and Subtropics (in Czech)
- International Cooperation in Agriculture and Rural Development (in English)
Master´s Degree Programmes (all programmes in English):
- International Development and Agricultural Economics
- Sustainable Rural Development in Tropics and Subtropics
- Tropical Crop Management and Ecology
- Tropical Forestry and Agroforestry
- Wildlife Management in Tropics and Subtropics
Applications to the FTA can be submitted only electronically on is.czu.cz/prihlaska until July 30th, 2017.
You can find all the necessary information HERE.