|Project Coordinator:||Vladimír Verner|
|Project Team:||Zbyněk Polesný, William Nkomoki, Jana Mazancová, Naji Sulaiman, Jan Staš|
|Partner(s) of the Projects:||Caritas Czech Republic (Principal Investigator, Czech Republic), University of Barotseland|
|Donor:||Czech Development Agency (CzechAid)|
|Duration of the Project:||2020 - 2022|
Aim of the project:
The project titled Increasing productivity and supporting the development of mango, cassava, and organic fertilizer value chains in Western Province, Zambia aims at supporting value addition and contributing to agricultural productivity through realization of five selected business plans.
The implementation of this project builds on the outcomes of the first phase of the project named Farmers Capacity Building Focusing on Value Chains Development (implemented by Caritas Czech Republic as well), where 2 mangoes, 2 cassava, and 1 cashew value chain business plans were selected from emerging farmers-businessmen.
Outputs of the projects:
- Equipment and machinery supplied to selected businesses and operators trained
- Selected businesses have established production and have access to market
- Selected businesses have improved management
- Selected businesses have a continuous supply of raw material for processing
- Vladimír Verner, farm systems and value chains (email@example.com)
- Zbyněk Polesný, innovation for sustainable agriculture and local livelihoods (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jan Staš, the establishment of fish farming facilities, suitable fish processing technologies (email@example.com)